Every October, Jeffco Interfaith Partners raises $25,000 or more by selling pumpkins at its Lakewood Pumpkin Patch. The pumpkins are grown by a native American tribe in the Four Corners area, which gets 60% of the proceeds. That leaves 40% of the proceeds to fund the building of a Habitat home in the Denver metro area. Buying a pumpkin from this patch is a great way to support Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver as well as our native-American partners.
Jeffco Interfaith Partners operates a second pumpkin patch on Wadsworth Blvd. at 78th Avenue, previously on the grounds of the Arvada Center for the Arts one mile south. Both patches are open from 10 a.m. to dusk every day. 40% of your purchase is tax deductible.
Golden Real Estate is happy once again to support the pumpkin patches at Garrison & Alameda in Lakewood and at 78th Avenue & Wadsworth in Arvada. Operated each year by Jeffco Interfaith Partners, a coalition of a dozen local faith groups, the profits from these two volunteer-manned patches have funded 15+ Habitat for Humanity homes over the past two decades. The pumpkins are grown on a Navajo reservation in the Four Corners area, so the sales also benefit that community.
Yes, the pumpkins sold at our two patches may be more expensive than at your local supermarket, but you have the satisfaction of making a difference with every purchase, and 40% of your purchase is tax-deductible. Our thanks go out to Mile Hi Church and to Trinity Presbyterian Church for providing these two great venues each October.
The annual pumpkin patches benefiting Habitat for Humanity are just about here. The pumpkin patch at Garrison & Alameda opens this Saturday, Oct. 5th, and operates from 10 a.m. to dusk every day until Halloween. The patch at 77th Ave & Wadsworth operates from Thursday, Oct. 10th, through Halloween from 10 a.m. to dusk. Buy your pumpkins at either site and 40% of the purchase price goes toward building a Habitat home — and is tax deductible, for which you’ll get a receipt.